Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Okay... Long Time No Post...
I need a solution. Right now I am too all over the place with the comic and this blog, and so on and so forth. I want it all "under one roof" so to say. Just to make it easier on me, I need to find a way to have the webcomic(s), this blog, art I produce, and my portfolio in one easy to access spot online. Right now I'm toying with the idea of looking into Drupal, but I'm not sure it will have an answer for me.
So here's an outline of what I need:
- A place for [nemesis] and my other projects that allows me to design custom navigation. Navigation for [nemesis] was better before I jumped to Webcomics Nation, and I'd like it to be that way again. It would also be nice to replace my WCN bill with a potentially smaller bill that comes with the capacity to run different kinds of sites.
- A place for my design portfolio, so I can start building up my own small stable of freelance clients. My job feels stable (today) but I'd still like to be able to hedge my bets by building up some freelance income.
- A place to post/share/sell original art that isn't a site like DeviantART or Portfolio.com. They're too big a pain in my ass to be worth the time. Fun, but not particularly useful. And in the case of Portfolio.com, expensive.
- This blog. I want to keep it updated, but with it being separate from the comics page, and separate from the comic site altogether, it's a bit of a pain to handle.
- I'd like to be able to start other projects too. I am not great fan of hucksters and conspiracy theorists. To that end I've had two different ideas that would be best executed using webspace of my own. (Specifically the Florida Hovercraft Initiative, and something called silver bands... ask me about them, I will go into the ideas inexcruciating detail)
- A place to track comments and sell goods(like the collected [nemesis]) online. This just seems easier than the current mishmash of crud that doesn't work very well.
After poking around Drupal, I've come to the conclusion that it might be what I need, but it also could be a glorious mess. I am totally open to suggestions.
Powered by Qumana